How to Report School or Training

En español

You can report school or training when you file or reopen a claim or when you certify for benefits by answering “Yes” to Question 5 (Did you begin attending any kind of school or training?). You only need to report your school or training during the week you actually begin attending.

The table below tells you how to report school or training based on your type of school or training.

Type of School or Training How to Report

California Training Benefits:

  • California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
  • Journey Level Union Members Training
  • Journey Level Trade Association Member (JLTAM) Training
  • Employer Sponsored Training
  • Employment Training Panel (ETP)
  • Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL)
  • Self-Arranged Training
  • Single Credential Training for Teachers
  • Any other school or training program

Report when certifying for benefits using one of  the following methods:

Note: If using UI Online, you may be asked clarifying questions to help the Employment Development Department (EDD) determine your eligibility and to avoid unnecessary phone interviews.

State Approved Training: apprenticeship training, union, or non-union journey level training

Report when certifying for benefits using one of the following methods:

Note: You are no longer required to submit your certificate of completion.

Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)

For the WIOA program, your Career Planner at the America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM will fax a Training Enrollment Verification (DE 3422D) form to the EDD.

Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)

For the TAA program, your TAA Specialist at the America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM will email a Training Enrollment Verification (DE 3422TAA) form and fax a training contract to the EDD.