EDD Media Services provides the latest news releases, compelling broadcast quality videos, soundbites and b-roll, photos, and useful information for English- and Spanish-language media.
- You can reach the EDD’s Media Services office at 916-654-9029 or by email.
- To request information through the Public Records Act, visit Public Records Request
- To be added to the EDD’s News Release distribution list, send a request by email.
- For non-media inquiries, visit Contact EDD.
- For more information on videos and photos, visit Multimedia.
UI Claims Processed
The EDD publishes state Unemployment Insurance (UI) claims data each Thursday for the prior week. Visit Quick Stats for UI claims data by county, which is generally a month behind state data. Localized data will be posted when available.
|Date||Number of Claims|
|Week ending March 7, 2020||48,385|
|Week ending March 14, 2020||57,606|
|Week ending March 21, 2020||186,333|
|Week ending March 28, 2020This week saw a 370% increase in UI claims processed at the EDD from the week prior.||878,727|