Helpful Resources for the New Employer
Welcome and congratulations on becoming a member of California’s employer community.
As of January 1, 2018, all employers are required to electronically submit employment tax returns, wage reports, and payroll tax deposits to the Employment Development Department. You can use e-Services for Business to comply with the e-file and e-pay mandate. It’s a fast, easy, and secure way to file, pay, and manage your employer payroll tax accounts online.
For more information, visit E-file and E-pay mandate for Employers.
- Employer Welcome Letter (DE 465)
- What Are State Payroll Taxes?
- Reporting Requirements
- File and Pay Options
- e-Services for Business
- Rates and Withholding
- Payroll Taxes
- Payroll Tax Seminars
These forms can be submitted online through e-Services for Business:
- Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (DE 9)
- Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (Continuation) (DE 9C)
- Payroll Tax Deposit (DE 88)
- Employer of Household Worker(s) Quarterly Report of Wages and Withholdings (DE 3BHW)
- Employer of Household Worker(s) Annual Payroll Tax Return (DE 3HW)
- e-Services for Business, File and Pay Online (DE 159)
- Employers’ Bill of Rights (DE 195)
- Avoid Unplanned Tax Liabilities (DE 573)