- UI OnlineSM
- Ask EDD
If you do not have a UI Online account and have a question that is not addressed in our FAQs section or on this website, or you would like to report fraud, contact us using Ask EDD. Some Ask EDD topics allow you ask a question and others are informational only.
To help us answer your question, please include as much information as possible on the electronic forms. All information (e.g., Social Security number) will be maintained in a secure environment.
Note: Google Translate™ is not available within Ask EDD. For more information, please visit Google Translate™ Information.
Download, print, and complete the Internet Comments, Complaints, or Suggestions form (DE 8123) (PDF). You may need to download the free Adobe Reader to view and print this document. Mail your completed form to:
Employment Development Department
P.O. Box 826880 – UISD, MIC-40
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001
The UI Self-Service Phone Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at: 1-866-333-4606
- Get information on your last payment issued.
- Certify for benefits using EDD Tele-CertSM.
- Hear information on how to file a new UI claim or reopen an existing one.
- Request duplicate 1099G tax information.
- Find local America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM locations.
Use this option if you do not need to speak with a representative.
EDD representatives are available by phone Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. to 12 noon (Pacific Time), except on California state holidays.
UI Phone Numbers by Language
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Customers
Deaf and hard of hearing callers can contact EDD in two ways:
- Directly (without using the California Relay Service): By teletypewriter (TTY) at 1-800-815-9387. The TTY is a telecommunications device for the deaf and hard of hearing; this phone number does not accept voice calls.
- Indirectly: Through the California Relay Service. If calling via the California Relay Service. You must provide the EDD phone number to the California Relay Service operator (customers calling outside of California should use their state’s relay service).
We encourage deaf and hard of hearing callers to contact us by using 1-800-815-9387, the TTY toll-free number. This will put you in direct contact with an EDD customer service representative who can provide you with Unemployment Insurance services.