Respond to Your Request for Address Verification
If we have a question about your mailing address, we will contact you using the email you provided with your Benefit Programs Online (BPO) account. The email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also receive an email instructing you to check your UI OnlineSM inbox or you may also receive a text message.
You must complete this process within 10 days or your claim may be disqualified.
How to Verify Your Address
To upload documents that verify your address:
- Select the unique link in your email.
- Create an account using your BPO email address and EDD Customer Account Number.
- Upload at least one of the acceptable documents listed below.
Once you have uploaded the documents, you will receive a confirmation email with a receipt number. Save this number for your records.
Important: Your EDD Customer Account Number is automatically mailed to new customers within 10 days of filing a claim. If you have lost your EDD Customer Account Number, call us at 1-800-300-5616 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Pacific time), seven days a week, except on state holidays.
Upload at least one of the following:
- Utility bill (electricity, gas, garbage, water, or sewer), cable TV bill, phone bill, or property tax bill
- Bank or mortgage statement
- Current and complete rental or lease agreement
- Registration verification as a renter or authorized user of a PO Box or a private mailbox
If we do not receive your address verification documents within 10 days, you may:
- Be disqualified from receiving unemployment benefits.
- Be required to repay any benefits you were not entitled to.
- Have to pay additional penalties as required by law.
If you disagree, you have the right to file an appeal.