Contact Unemployment Insurance
It takes at least three weeks to process a claim for unemployment benefits and issue payment to most eligible workers. We appreciate your patience.
If you choose to receive payments via a debit card, Bank of America will mail you a card once benefit payments are available. Due to the high volume of claims being processed, it may take a few extra days to receive your EDD Debit Card in the mail.
If you received Unemployment Insurance, Disability Insurance, or Paid Family Leave benefits on an EDD Debit Card in the last three years, you will receive your benefit payments on that card. If your card has expired, a new card will automatically be sent to you once funds are available.
Note: If you were issued a card before 2015, you must visit Replace my Card or contact Bank of America at 1-866-692-9374 (TTY: 1-866-656-5913) to request a new one.
- If you lost your EDD Debit Card, contact Bank of America as early as possible in the application process to request a replacement card before your first payment. Your new card will arrive 7 to 10 business days from the order date. You have a couple options to request a new card:
- Visit Replace my Card on the Bank of America website.
- Contact Bank of America at 1-866-692-9374 (TTY: 1-866-656-5913). You do not need to have your old card number or speak to a representative. Choose the “lost or stolen” option in the automated menu. The call center is experiencing higher than normal wait times and Bank of America is working to address the issue.
Note: Bank of America representatives cannot answer questions about your claim or pending payments.
Payment information is updated daily and is available through your UI OnlineSM account or by calling the UI Self-Service Phone Line at 1-866-333-4606.
Contact Unemployment Insurance (UI) using one of the following ways:
If you do not have a UI Online account and have a question about UI, or you would like to report fraud, visit Ask EDD.
Note: Google Translate™ is not available within Ask EDD. For more information, please visit Google Translate™ Information.
Download, print, and complete Comments, Suggestions, and/or Complaints (DE 8123) (PDF). You may need to download the no-cost Adobe Reader to view and print this document. Mail your completed form to:
Employment Development Department
PO Box 826880 – UISD, MIC-40
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001
Hours: 8 a.m. to 12 noon (Pacific time), Monday through Friday, except on California state holidays.
|ENGLISH and ESPAÑOL
Note: Representatives will not have access to your claim or payment information.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Pacific time), seven days a week, except on California state holidays.
|ENGLISH (Self-Service Line)
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Customers
Deaf and hard of hearing callers can contact EDD using one of the following:
- Teletypewriter (TTY) at 1-800-815-9387: (This option does not use the California Relay Service and is recommended).
- California Relay Service (711): Provide the UI number (1-800-300-5616) to the operator
- Note: If you are calling outside of California, use your state’s relay service.